It’s been a busy week for our ten VOX Performance Project riders! From learning more about their glucose levels, to riding on the velodrome for the first time; their updates are certain to inspire you to get out on your bike.
You can find out more information about our inspirational riders here
Here are their top weekly highlights:
- Coreen has been experimenting with different way to fuel her rides. Using her Supersapien biosensor she managed to stay 100% in her glucose performance zone. Two almond bars and a bottle of Precision Hydration 500 were perfect for her steady ride.
- Hannah has also been working on her performance zone – and a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (!) has been revealed as her secret to her 95% zone rating. It’s fantastic the riders are trying out different food combinations to help to fuel their rides. You can read more about performance zones here.
- Sophie has been out riding in the mountains in snowy Switzerland and enjoying beautiful views! One element that Sophie is going to look at is the device that she uses to access her data. Having the data easily visible and accessible on an updated watch or GPS unit would make it easier to track her glucose levels whilst riding.
- Sarah has enjoyed riding at the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome of Wales, UK for the first time whilst Holly has been watching international racing at Lee Valley VeloPark. Holly also went for a couple of rides on – and off road – over the weekend for a fantastic few days of cycling.
- Speaking of social rides, Sarah has also been enjoying her bike and went on a 40-mile ride in the chilly weather in the UK. Sometimes only coffee and cake will do!
- Finally Jenny and Philippa took part in the Zwift Racing League playoff this week and Jade had a unique visit to Catesby Tunnel for a testing session. Great work!
- The VOX Performance Project riders will be joining the Voxwomen social ride on Zwift on 16th December at 18:00 GMT.
Watch out for details on the Voxwomen’s social media pages… Come along and ride with us!
For more information about our VOX Performance Project click here