Emma Jorgensen (Movistar Team Women) was beautifully inspired by the previous attackers’ successes in the Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift 2023. She gave her all to power to a thrilling victory in Blagnac, at the end of an intense stage 6 today, July 28th. The Dane is among the fastest riders in the bunch and she decided to make the most of her raw power in the breakaway, joining Agnieszka Skalniak-Sojka (Canyon//Sram Racing) and Sandra Alonso (Ceratizit-WNT Pro Cycling Team) at the front of the race. The peloton almost came back, but for the third day in a row, an attacker claimed glory. Charlotte Kool (Team DSM-Firmenich) dominated the sprint from the bunch to finish 2nd, 1’’ behind the 24 year-old Dane, who celebrated her birthday on Wednesday. After a fast and furious six days of racing, the riders head into the decisive final weekend of the race, with a summit finish at Col du Tourmalet on Saturday and the Pau ITT on Sunday.
1. Emma Jorgensen (MOVISTAR TEAM WOMEN) 2h59’16”
2. Charlotte Kool (TEAM DSM-FIRMENICH) +01”
3. Lotte Kopecky (TEAM SD WORX) mt
1. Lotte Kopecky (TEAM SD WORX) en 21h54’30”
2. Ashleigh Moolman Pasio (AG INSURANCE – SOUDAL QUICK-STEP TEAM)+ 53”
3. Annemiek van Vleuten (MOVISTAR TEAM WOMEN) +55”